The Nunavut Marine Council wishes to increase public awareness of and engagement in marine issues. By choosing to get involved and providing your questions, comments and advice on marine initiatives, you can assist in the protection and promotion of Nunavut’s marine areas.
Opportunity for Input: Blue Economy Strategy
The Government of Canada is seeking input on a Blue Economy Strategy. This Strategy will:
• help Canada build back better by integrating growth with ocean conservation and climate action;
• create stable jobs and fuel prosperity for coastal regions and communities;
• encourage greater participation of Indigenous peoples, women, and under-represented groups in the ocean economy;
• position our ocean sectors to be stronger and able to thrive post-COVID-19; and
• strengthen Canada’s position as a global leader in the ocean space.
When: By June 15, 2021